22. July – 31. July 2020
Eagle and Mountain Glacier Trek
Tavon Bogduul National Park
22. July – 31. July 2020
1. Day: Flight from Ulaanbaatar to Bayan Olgii
Flight duration with a direct flight about 3 ½ h
Arrival in Bayan Olgii, check-in at the Hotel, possibly shopping and city sight-seeing.
2. Day: Drive to the Eagle Hunters
The duration of the drive is around 1 to 1 ½ hours (30 km earth road). Lunch at the eagle hunter family. In the afternoon, horse riding into the mountains for 2 to 3 hours with the eagle hunter and his eagle. Dinner and overnight stay in one of the typical Kazakh Gers of the eagle hunter family.
3. Day: First Base Camp of the National Park Tavon Bogduul
Drive of 5 to 6 hours by car on a dirt road through beautiful mountain and river landscapes (Tsaagangool river/white river) until we reach the first base camp at 2500 meters. Overnight stay in a Ger Camp.
4. Day: Horse riding to the second Base Camp at 3000 m
Horse riding with pack-camels to the second base camp, which lies at the foot of the Maltsehin Uul Mountain (around 5 hours). Overnight stay in tents, with breathtaking views, possible walk to the glacier.
5. Day: Ascend of the Maltsehin Uul Mountain to the second Base Camp
Around 5am, begin of the ascend of the Maltsehin Uul Mountain with a Mongolian mountain guide. Duration of the hike around 7 to 8 hours. We have to add one additional day due to varying weather conditions. Overnight stay in a tent at the second base camp.
6. or 7. Day: Horse riding back to the first Base Camp
Late morning, horse ride to the green lake and back to the first base camp. Overnight stay at the first base camp in tent or Ger camp.
7. or 8. Day: Car drive back to Bayan Olgii
Drive to Bayan Olgii, around 5 to 6 hours, possible site-seeing of the city and buying of souvenirs. Overnight stay in a Hotel.
9. Day: Fight back to Ulaanbaatar
The flight may be postponed due to weather conditions, therefore the flight out of Mongolia cannot immediately follow the day after the trek.
Price per Person: 2.730 USD
– 2 Days of Horse Riding with Mongolian Crew
– 2 overnight stays in Ger Camps
– 2 overnight stays in a Hotel in Bayan Olgii
– Flight ticket to and from Bayan Olgii
– 3 Meals per day (Vegetarian meals possible on request)
– German & English-speaking travel guide
– Personal expenses
Please note: This schedule is subject to change at any time.
Weather conditions in Mongolia are often unpredictable. Flexibility and endurance are thus essential for a horseback riding.