We offer a very special tour for mountain enthusiasts in the western province of Mongolia (Bayan Olgii, Altai Mountain range), a combination of car, horse-riding and hiking tour through incredible landscapes. The highlight of the tour is the hike up the Maltsehin Uul Mountain to 4104 meters. The Mountain lies in the Tavon Bogduul National Park, on the border to Russia.
1. Day: Flight from Ulaanbaatar to Bayan Olgii
Flight duration with a direct flight about 3 ½ h
Arrival in Bayan Olgii, check-in at the Hotel, possibly shopping and city sight-seeing.
2. Day: Drive to the Eagle Hunters
The duration of the drive is around 1 to 1 ½ hours (30 km earth road). Lunch at the eagle hunter family. In the afternoon, horse riding into the mountains for 2 to 3 hours with the eagle hunter and his eagle. Dinner and overnight stay in one of the typical Kazakh Gers of the eagle hunter family.
3. Day: First Base Camp of the National Park Tavon Bogduul
Drive of 5 to 6 hours by car on a dirt road through beautiful mountain and river landscapes (Tsaagangool river/white river) until we reach the first base camp at 2500 meters. Overnight stay in a Ger Camp.
4. Day: Horse riding to the second Base Camp at 3000 m
Horse riding with pack-camels to the second base camp, which lies at the foot of the Maltsehin Uul Mountain (around 5 hours). Overnight stay in tents, with breathtaking views, possible walk to the glacier.
5. Day: Ascend of the Maltsehin Uul Mountain to the second Base Camp
Around 5am, begin of the ascend of the Maltsehin Uul Mountain with a Mongolian mountain guide. Duration of the hike around 7 to 8 hours. We have to add one additional day due to varying weather conditions. Overnight stay in a tent at the second base camp.
6. or 7. Day: Horse riding back to the first Base Camp
Late morning, horse ride to the green lake and back to the first base camp. Overnight stay at the first base camp in tent or Ger camp.
7. or 8. Day: Car drive back to Bayan Olgii
Drive to Bayan Olgii, around 5 to 6 hours, possible site-seeing of the city and buying of souvenirs. Overnight stay in a Hotel.
9. Day: Fight back to Ulaanbaatar
The flight may be postponed due to weather conditions, therefore the flight out of Mongolia cannot immediately follow the day after the trek.
Price with 1 to 2 People: 2.730 USD
Price from 3 People or more: 2.470 USD
This Trek should be booked until April 30th 2019, in order to purchase the flight tickets. Due to the high demand, the tickets are sold out very fast.
– 2 Days of Horse Riding with Mongolian Crew
– 2 overnight stays in Ger Camps
– 2 overnight stays in a Hotel in Bayan Olgii
– Flight ticket to and from Bayan Olgii
– 3 Meals per day (Vegetarian meals possible on request)
– German & English-speaking travel guide
– Personal expenses
I am text block. Click edit button to change this text.
This page is also available in: Deutsch (German)